"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/19/18

Yesterday's WIP Wednesday

Intended to post this yesterday, but didn't get it done.

Making more progress on the mini Star Trek. The Squire of  Gothos .



I have just three characters left.



Last night I finished sewing together the Entrelac jacket.



I tried to sew the collar on-ugh. It was awful. In retrospect, I could have picked up stitches and knit it on. Would have been easier, I think. But, oh well. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to sew it on. My brain just wasn't working for me. So I asked for help in the Knit and Chat group on Facebook. They were so helpful. It all came back to me how to do it and I am quite happy with the results.

I was putting a 1 by 1 rib cast on edge (collar) to a 1 by 1 rib bind off edge. The stitch count is different on the two pieces, so it wasn't a case of matching up perfect. It's pretty thick and bulky for such a small sweater too, so I put the right side of the collar to the wrong side of the jacket and slip stitched the two edges together. It reduced the bulk of the seam allowance perfectly. I'm happy with the result.

Inside, where the right side should be so the collar rolls to the back.



Outside under collar. Collar will fold over and hide allowance.



Today I have Yarnies so I'll work on the matching hat. I already have the brim done. The main body of the hat is next. I have been looking for some Entrelac booties I could do to match, but so far have not found anything I like. I may just do the usual plain booties.

Ta ta for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment