"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/3/18

I Have Romulans

Thought I'd do a WIP post today. First, we have my current counted cross stitch project, MiniStarTrek.



I finished the Romulans today. Eight characters done, 11 to go. That red thread is the center of my fabric and right where the next row of characters go. It will be Mudd's Women.

I've also been working on another sweater for Zoey.



The light for this pic is terrible. Should have done it in daylight. You can't tell, but the wide orange stripes are supposed to be dark pink, and the collar is purple. I am now at the point where I put the ribbing around the bottom edge of the body, and then around the leg holes. Both will be purple like the collar.

I've been looking very hard for an entrelac dog sweater pattern. So far no luck. One is listed on Ravelry, so I bought the book it's in only to find out it isn't actually entrelac. It's modular knitting, which is a whole 'nuther animal that involves a lot of ends to weave in. I also found some hand made entrelac dog sweaters on Etsy, but the knitter is not willing to share her pattern, which I completely understand (I wouldn't either). I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. So, I guess I'm out of luck, unless one of my readers can point me to one. I think I might have to figure out how to do it myself.

We got a little bit of snow Thursday night. The predictions were for a lot of snow, but it turned out to be just a quarter of an inch. Now we're having a warm spell for the next few days. Someone even mentioned getting into the 50F's. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tuesday is the 30th anniversary of my 29th birthday. Yikes, I'm starting to get old. I will be baking myself a Coconut Cake that day, but won't eat it until Wednesday, at the KnitWits meeting.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments: