"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/8/18

How About a WIP?

I started a new layette set today. Doing something different.



I have been looking for a dog sweater pattern in Entrelac. I have had no luck whatsover. However, I did come across the cutest Entrelac baby cardigan pattern on Etsy,



so I bought it and started it this morning. Isn't it adorable? I've been in the mood to knit Entrelac. This will definitely fill the need. I'm using baby blue, white, and gray to go with another piece of the elephant fleece.

Tuesday was the 30th anniversary of my 29th birthday. It was a very nice day. My husband took me out to dinner to Applebee's. I had steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and a pile of perfectly cooked green beans (which is extremely rare). I had their apple cheesecake for dessert. It was so good. I came home feeling very satisfied. Incidentally, I can now say I've been knitting for 50 years.

Today it's been unseasonably warm. Beautiful blue sky, sunshine, and 57F degrees, I'm luvin' it. Sweet hubby decided to go on his first bike ride of the year. It's not normal at all to be this warm in February. It's dropping down into the 30's tomorrow, so we've taken advantage today before it's gone.

If you should know of a dog sweater pattern in Entrelac, please let me know.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors and how they're working up in the Entrelac --
    this is going to be a particularly lovely set, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete