"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/4/17

Mittens for Knitwits

Finished a pair of mittens sized for children ages 4-6. Originaly I was going to make these blue and brown striped. Changed my mind. I can do that. Change my mind, that is.



Pattern: Classic Mittens No. 615 by Bernhard Ulmann Co.

Made For: KnitWits

Size: Childs 4-6

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash
Content: 100% Superwash Wool
Color: Turquoise

Needles: Circular size 5

Started: May 15, 2017
Finished: November 2, 2017




So, we got snow. Our first sticking snow of the winter. 2 inches on Thursday night and 2 inches last night. Winter is here.

Yesterday I dragged Sweet Hubby out of the house and we went furniture shopping. Our couch is broken and I've never liked that couch anyway. I've been shopping for months trying to find one I like to replace it. Well, I found it, at Runge's Fuirnture. I love this couch.



It's a Stanton. Lifetime warranty, good quality. Has two recliners in it. They're controlled electronically, plus there's 2 USB ports in the thing. Ain't technology wonderful? It is so comfortable. Way better than the Hug. It's also on sale, plus I got an extra 6% taken off for bringing a bag of non-perishable food items for their food drive. I decided to get the matching love seat too.


It also has 2 recliners in it. We're moving the Hug and my husbands current recliner, which is slightly broken and uncomfortable to him, into the sun room. (I'm going to make a little reading place in there.) The love seat will be inhabited by me, and there's plenty of room for the dog.

I love the fabric. It looks like suede, but it's microfiber. Super soft, easy to take care of. The two pieces will be delivered next week. I'm excited.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment