"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/30/17

A Pink Outfit for Sierra

After much casting on, frogging, and starting over, I've finally finished this outfit for Sierra, and it fits properly.



I hope I kept proper notes so I can do it again. I've also knit this mint top.



I was hoping it would fit her, but it's way too tight, so I'm going to have to try again. It fits Ellowyne, though, so I'm not frogging it. The yarn for this little thing came from China.

I was looking on Ebay for lace or fingering weight affordable Angora yarn. I'm talking rabbit Angora. This one claimed to be that, but as it turns out, it's goat Angora, which technically is Mohair. I guess it lost something in translation. I wish I could find what I'm looking for. Oh well. I'll just have to manage with what I can get.

We've had fabulous weather the last few days. It's been sunny and even warm enough to sit out on the deck. I've been winterizing the yard. Friday I put all the deck furniture cushions away and stacked the furniture. I swept the leaves and pine needles off the deck. I've taken some occassions to just sit in the sun and enjoy too.

Did I say I cleaned the hot tub? Twice a year I empty it, clean the filter, scrub out the inside to shining, and then refill it. Well, I don't know what happened but it leaks like a sieve now. We thought the pump was the source of the leak. Some things had come loose and water was coming out of it. Doug fixed it, but the darn tub is still leaking. I'm so tired of this thing breaking down and needing repairs. Ugh.

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. Winter is coming soon. The weather guru's are saying snow next weekend. I better get out there and enjoy the sun while I can.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment