"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/16/17

Lilacs By The Water

I have an actual finished beading project. The twisted triangle of 2 years ago is now a necklace. I've named it Lilacs By The Water.



I decided to go the easy way and did a Spiral Rope chain.



I put glass pearls and bi-cone crystals between the triangle and the chain.



It goes pretty well with the spirals in the triangle.



The clasp is a simple sterling silver toggle and loop.



The triangle is made with size 15, 11, and 8 Japanese seed beads and size 11 delicas. I want to make another one of them. They're fun. It's just a regular peyote triangle done with different sized beads to cause the undulation, or as it's more commonly known, Cellini Spiral stitch . If you are interested, the pattern is here: Gimlet. Be aware, it's in Russian.



I put a silver cone with a glass pearl on the bottom point with 5 seed bead fringes.



It's been nice putting beading back into my life.



What old beading project will I finish next? Hmm....

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: