"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/12/17

Mitten WIPS

Since my last post I am feeling almost completely normal again. I had a few days this past week where I just wasn't quite right. Part of it was the last antibiotics I was taking (had to take them for 10 days) and then on Thursday I found out my blood was rather 'thin'. I take Warfarin because I have a genetic blood clotting disorder. Apparently, the antibiotic I was taking interacted with the Warfarin making my blood too thin. No wonder I felt so weird. They kind of panicked at the Anticoagulant clinic where I get my blood tested regularly. I was told if I should have a fall between then and Monday, to go immediately to Emergency at the hospital. So I've been very very careful about that. No falls for this girl! I took my last antibiotic pill on Thursday.

My head is finally clearing up and I feel normal. I have a blood test early Monday morning and I expect things to be better. I've eaten spinach a couple times, plus my Warfarin dose was adjusted accordingly. Whew!

I seem to be in a mitten frame of mind in the knitting department because that's what I have for WIPs. I've got 3 pair on the needles.

I started these mens mittens some time ago. They're my back up KIP knitting project in case other projects aren't worth taking for 'public' knitting. I've finished the first mitten and have started the thumb gusset on the second.



I started this pair of childrens mittens right after I finished the Norwegian mittens. I felt the need to knit that evening, but I was still sick so I didn't want anything complicated.



Last week I started a new pair of Norwegian style mittens, this time womans size.



 I started with white and yellow (Cast on Feb. 4th), but it wasn't enough contrast. If I'm gonna go to all this work doing stranded knitting patterns, I wanna make sure they can be seen, so I frogged and got some mint green instead (on Feb. 7th). I'm liking it much better.

We are supposed to have warmer weather this week. Predictions are low to mid 40's all week with sunshine some days, and clouds others, but no precipitation. Boy, I sure hope that's what happens. We've got to get rid of some of this snow we've got. It's deep and it's downright oppressive for sweet hubby and me. We both are battling with winter depression. I think, if we hadn't got so sick as soon as we got home, we'd be feeling different. But the two of us are really struggling with winter right now. Quite frankly, I could use some Spring.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: