"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/2/17

I'm Back

It's been almost a month since my last post. I have my good excuses.

First we went on the Star Trek Cruise. It was fantastic! The trip of a life time. I am working on a post about this event and will post it when I get it done (it's gonna be a long one).

One of the things that was included in our trip was getting our picture taken with our host, William Shatner. Here's the pic.



We only got 15 seconds to be with him cuz there were 2500 fans getting their pics taken with him that day. I thanked him for doing this. He said it was his pleasure. Can you imagine being 83 years old, sitting on a stool all day (he got breaks every couple hours) getting your picture taken with fans? Geez! I don't think I'd do that myself.

We returned home on Jan. 16th. Let me just say, I hate flying. It's so uncomfortable with everyone jammed in tight like sardines in a can. It's ridiculous to torture your customers that way. Urg!

Anyway, the day after we got back I came down with the flu and it hit my really hard. I haven't been that sick in years. Having asthma, the flu then turned into a very bad respiratory infection. I've been sick with that ever since. I've had a low grade fever for days now and I'm tired of coughing and feeling like crap. I'm on my second round of antibiotics and we're hoping it will do the trick. I do feel a bit better today. I did not go to knitting on Tuesday, Knitwits yesterday, or knitting today. I'm staying home doing my best to shake this infection.

I did knit on the cruise. I have set a knitting goal for 2017-I want to improve my stranded knitting skills with small circular projects and get into Latvian mitten knitting. I think I've had this goal before, but didn't get very far with it. In just the first month of this year I've already learned an enormous amount, so I expect a successful year of getting good at it. So, I took the supplies with me to knit a pair of children's mittens in the Norwegian style (starting easy, working my way up).



Pattern: Starfish Mittens by Annemor Sundbø

Size: Childrens 5-7

Yarn: Patons Astra Sport
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: 2767 and 2783

Needles: Circular size 1

Started: January 7, 2017
Finished: January 23, 2017
Here is a close up of the back stitch pattern.



This is the thumb.



The palm side.



This pattern is in the book Norwegian Mittens And Gloves: Over 25 Classic Designs For Warm Fingers And Stylish Hands by Annemor Sundbø.



 I had some difficulty understanding the instructions for the decreases on the top of the hand. So I just did what I thought looks good. 

Well, that's all I have time for today.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment