"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/3/17

It's a Hat!

Oh my goodness but I've been so busy! I had a great Christmas and New Years. We spent time celebrating with family. I got some great presents too. My husband got me a new laptop. It's a Lenovo. I was totally surprised. It's kind of cool. I can fold the screen backward and it turns into a tablet with a touch screen. It is also a lot faster and lighter weight than my purple Dell. I love my Dell but it has become obsolete. Most of the new software, including Windows 10, won't run on it, so it's time to let it go.

We got lots of new snow. Saturday night dumped a foot of it on us. It's bitterly cold too.
Single digits at night. Brrr..it's definitely winter.

In my last post I mentioned I'd broken my camera. It was not repairable, so I bought a new one. It's a Nikon Cool Pix B500. It's quite a bit larger than my old one. It is pretty cool too, though I seem to have a problem with keeping the shots from being blurry. It's supposed to have that hand shaking prevention technology, but it's not as good as my old Sony was. I think in time I'll figure out how to work around it though.



I've been getting things ready for the trip, moving vast quantities of snow, working on getting moved in to my new laptop (I'm using it to do this post), and learning how my new camera works. Yet, somehow, I got my Guinan costume done. Yes! It's finished! Here's the hat.



I worked on it all day yesterday. I used THIS pattern that I found with a Google search. It was a very challenging sewing project. Using a slippery stretchy knit fabric made for some frustrating problems that I finally solved with some iron-on interfacing. I'm extremely happy to have it done, and I'm quite pleased with it.

My fur kids wanted their pics taken with the new camera, so here they are. First, we have Chenille, who is 14 years old now. She yowls at me a lot since bringing Zoey home. She's not happy about it, but there's nothing I can do about that. Zoey stays.



Zoey is hard to get good pics cuz she can't sit still so I'm pretty happy with these.



Last week I took her to the vet to get her toe nails cut because the groomers was unexpectedly closed. I had them weigh Zoey for me. She's 27 pounds and almost 6 months old.


The cruise is just a few days away. We're leaving on Saturday, and I have so much to do yet. So I probably am not going to post much.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment