"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/12/16

Third Place

Well, the doll photography contest is over so now I can tell you about it. I won 3rd place, which is not bad. I have to admit the 1st place winner was pretty darn good.

The theme of the contest was Favorite Television Show. Well, Star Trek! What else? First, though, I needed costumes for my dolls, which you'll remember, I knitted.



Here's the pic I entered.


Here's my poem:

To boldly go, brave explorers they be.
Aboard the Enterprise NCC-1701 B.
Strange places and species they get to see.

Some aliens are dangerous and others friendly.
Spread out all over the galaxy.
Their captain, so wise and handsome is he.
With all that excitement, how can it be?
Miss Ellowyne still has her (yawn) ennui.

No one said I'm a good poet. My story was they're waiting for Scotty to beam them up after a successful mission welcoming the planet Dragonia into the Federation of Planets. They're making friends with two of the natives while they wait.

Hey. I got third place. The prize was my choice of an outfit donated by group members. I chose a Pink suit with black trim that comes with a book entitled The Pink Suit. It should be here soon.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment