"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/11/16

Blue Magnesite Bracelet

Hello! I'm back! We had a lovely camping trip. The weather was great, except one day where it was cloudy and chilly all day, but we didn't mind. We had a camp fire. Other than that, it was perfect. I relaxed and enjoyed myself the whole week.

I know I said I was taking my camera and some of my dolls for photo fun, but I promptly forgot to pack the dolls. I didn't feel like taking pics without them. So that's that. I did take my knitting with me and got a lot done. More on that later, after everything has been washed and blocked. Got lots of baby stuff done.

It's fair time so I've been busy getting some entries put together. I'm going to have 5 items this year, assuming I get the last item done. I've knit a LOT of stuff this past year, mostly for baby layette sets. But I can only enter two of them. They've decreased the number of categories considerably this year. All the work I did to make the categories great has been undone by a new Superintendent of Knitting. We went from 8 pages of categories to 2. For instance, I had sweaters divided up by type: plain knit, solid textured knit (i.e. cables), open textured knit (i.e.lace), colorwork knit. Not anymore. Now it's just Adult sweater. Period. We can only enter 1 item per category.

We also had several categories for afghans, divided by size, small, medium, and large, which has been around forever. Now it's just adult knit afghan and baby knit afghan. Urg. There will be a lot less entries because of this. I'm not happy, but, oh well.

So, I'm entering 2 of my baby sweaters. One with the matching hat and booties as a 3 piece set, and one with just the matching hat as a 2 piece set. That's it for my knitting. I'm also entering my Snowman Row cross stitch, and 2 beaded items. Which brings me to my bracelet, which I finished 2 days ago.



It's made with Magnesite dyed blue. I bought these beads the last time we visited Yellowstone National Park from a rock shop in West Yellowstone, Montana.



The base is right angle weave and I've embellished it with 3mm Swarovski crystals and size 15 seed beads.



I didn't use a pattern for this project because it's fairly simple and just rolling around in my head. I've made it several times before.



I told my daughter now I'll need to buy an outfit to go with it. Yesterday a pretty tank top I ordered weeks ago and forgot about arrived. It goes perfect with this bracelet. My subconscious must have been working without my knowledge.



I used a gold plated toggle clasp I bought from Firemountain Gems. Not pure gold, but it'll do.




Here's hoping for a blue ribbon.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment