"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/10/15

Mens Mittens Pair #16

Yes, I'm still here, and still knitting. I've been so busy! I was hoping things would slow down after we got home from the trip. It's November, for crying out loud!  I finished another project for Knitwits just in time for the November meeting.



Mens Mittens (for Knitwits #16)
Pattern: Little Brick Checks by me.
Size: Mens Medium

Yarn: Berroco Vintage

Content: 52% Acrylic/40% Wool/8% Nylon, worsted weight
Color: Pumpkin

Needles: Circulars 
size 5.

Cast on: 
October 8, 2015
Completed: November 3, 2015

Comments:  I used the Little Brick Checks pattern, but I changed the stitch pattern. I was getting tired of the brick one.



I am very pleased with how these turned out. A close up of the very simple stitch pattern, which goes thusly:



Round 1: Knit
Round 2: Knit 1, purl 1 around.
Round 3: Knit.
Round 4: Purl 1, knit 1 around.

That's all there is to it!



I took them to this months Knitwits meeting and donated them.

I have finished a pair of mens large sized slippers in the last week, and I'm working on doll stuff for my Etsy store. I may not blog very often, but I keep knitting!

For the Etsy store, I'm making a white mohair sweater with a beaded ruffled neck. It's looking pretty good so far. I got some awesome Christmas fat quarters to make some skirts. Gotta take advantage of the Christmas season. This will be the first time I do that.

I've been working on a tunic for Sierra too, but the pattern is written for the Dollfie MSD, which is thinner, so it doesn't fit right. I will have to frog it, do some calculations, and start over. I really need to get some stuff knitted for the Ipelhouse JID dolls. I think I could sell some outfits if I got them made.

Don't have any snow yet. They keep saying it's coming on the local news. That's okay.. Last weekend I got the deck cleaned off, and put all the cushions away in storage. I'm ready for winter.

I'm also getting excited for Christmas. Quite different from last year. I wish I could put the tree up now. Hmmm, we're not hosting Thanksgiving this year. Maybe...

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment