"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/28/15

Layette Set #5

I got some knitting done on my trip. I didn't get to knit as much as I thought I would, but at least I got some done, mostly in the car as we were zipping down the freeway/highway. Anyway, I've finally finished this layette set.

The blanket.


Pattern: Double Crochet Edging

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Capri Blue

Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 312 Black

Hooks: Size C and G

Started: September 28, 2015
Finished: September 30, 2015

I've done the foundation row with Black, a row of single crochet with Capri Blue, then a row of double crochet in the back loops with Black.



The cardigan.


Pattern: Super Natural Stripes by Fawn Pea

Size: 0-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Capri Blue

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 341 Light Grey

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 312 Black

Needles: Circular Size 5 and 7

Cast on: September 21, 2015
Completed: September 29, 2015



I really like this combination of colors.



The hat


Pattern: Magic Coffee Baby Hat by Tracey Kay

Size: 3-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Capri Blue

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 312 Black

Needles: Circular Size 5 and 7

Cast on: October 20, 2015
Completed: October 27, 2015

With this hat, I did a garter stitch cuff with one row of contrasting color, then did the stockinette part solid, no stripes. I really like how it turned out.



Pattern: Seamless Garter Tassel Booties by Karen Strauss
Size:
 6 months
Made for:
 Knitwits

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Capri Blue

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: 312 Black

Needles: Circular Size 5

Cast on: September 29, 2015
Completed: October 28, 2015


I am loving this pattern. Again, I've modified itn. I did 2.5 inches of 1x1 rib, then a garter stitch cuff to match the sweater. I also knit in a row of eyelets so I could put in cord for laces.




I'm glad I got this set done in time to take it to the next Knitwits meeting. It will be the last meeting for finished projects before we distribute everything.


I have another finished project from the trip. I will blog about that later this week.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment