"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/12/15

Layette 2 is Done

Okay, my second layette set is done. I finally sewed the buttons on the cardigan



Baby Raglan Cardigan in Teal

Pattern: Little Coffee Bean Cardigan by Elizabeth Smith
Size: 6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Caron One Pound
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Ocean

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Maize

Yarn: Red Heart Baby Love Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: White

Needles: Size 7

Cast on: July 16, 2015
Completed: August 10, 2015


I like the pattern very much. It avails itself to some good modification ideas, making it a flexible choice for this project.



Here's a close up of one of the buttons.



This pic is for my own benefit, in case one of these days I say to myself "what was the stripe pattern I used on that sweater?".



I wish I'd done 1x1 rib instead of 2x2. But, all in all, I'm happy with it.



I also finished the matching booties. Actually, I finished them some time ago. I did a different pattern from the yellow booties made last month. I decided I didn't like sewing seams on them. They're so small to begin with, and then having a seam allowance to deal with and all. I just didn't like it, so I looked for a seamless pattern. I found one on Ravelry and I'm quite pleased with it.



Pattern: Seamless Garter Tassel Booties by Karen Strauss
Size: 6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Caron One Pound
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Ocean

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Maize

Yarn: Red Heart Baby Love Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: White

Needles: Size 6

Cast on: July 30, 2015
Completed: August 4, 2015




Instead of a crochet chain for the laces, I made a cord. I like it much much better.



So, Layette 2 in Teal is done.



I am going to enter the jacket, hat, and booties in the North Idaho Fair as a set. I take all the fair items in next week. Can't believe it's fair time already!

I have one more FO to share. I sewed some belts for doll outfits I'm making.



I stuck a quarter in the picture so you could see their size. They're so cute!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment