"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/16/15

Penn

A new doll arrived at my house today.



Meet Penn - Business Day, Wilde Imagination's new male doll.



He has dark blue eyes, and actual hair (Not painted on like the Ken dolls of my youth). He's joined at the elbows, wrists, knees, ankles, as well as shoulders and hips. Here he is without his jacket. The shirt is pale blue with an embossed diamond pattern. The suit is dark charcoal grey and blue tweed. The pants are fully lined in white so as not to stain the doll. The jacket has a dark grey lining, so I'd be careful with it. His socks are grey. I like the whole outfit.



Here he is meeting Ellie. They look pretty good together.



I don't know what Ellie thinks, but I think he's adorable. Hmm, I need to knit Penn a sweater. I bought a pattern a couple months ago.

My Sweet Hubby is doing better. He went back to work Monday. He got home very tired and took a nap before dinner, but I'm happy he's working on getting life back to normal.

We were supposed to get the ducts cleaned in our house today, but the guy never showed up. I called to find out where he was and someone screwed up the schedule. We weren't even on it. It's been rescheduled for Wednesday of next week. It worked out okay for me, though, cuz I needed to go the knitalong at the library today.

The head librarian opened the meeting up to 'young people' for the summer, which I agreed to. I thought she meant teenagers. Nope. Young children. We've had 3 young girls come, none who knew how to knit (their parents seem to think our group is a class!). I've taught them how to cast on and do the knit stitch, and talked about needles and yarn and how to choose the proper size of one for the other, but I'm making it clear to the parents it's not a class. I am somewhat resentful of the situation because I teach knitting at the local yarn shop and get paid for doing so. I feel like I'm being forced to give my teaching away when I am usually paid. The summer will go quickly, though. It's my fault for not making the situation clearer to me.

Wednesday I have nowhere to go, and no one to see. I get to stay home. Yay! I shall putter around the house, and if it's not too hot, spend time on the deck. I'm looking forward to it.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment