"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/14/15

More Mittens

I've made 2 more pairs of mens sized mittens for Knitwits.



Little Garter Checks in Blue Tweed (for Knitwits #11)

Pattern: Little Garter Checks by me.
Size: Mens Medium

Yarn: Plymouth Encore Tweed
Content: 75% Acrylic/22% Wool/3% Rayon, worsted weight
Color: Navy

Needles: Circulars size 5.

Cast on: May 19, 2015
Completed: May 27, 2015




Plymouth Encore is a nice yarn to work with and, with the little bit of wool in it, the mittens should be warm.



When Sweet Hubby was in the hospital I worked on these.



Little Brick Checks Mens Mittens (for Knitwits #12)

Pattern: Little Brick Checks by me (not available yet).
Size: Mens Medium

Yarn: Plymouth Encore Tweed
Content: 75% Acrylic/22% Wool/3% Rayon, worsted weight
Color: Brick

Needles: Circulars size 5.

Cast on: May 27, 2015
Completed: June 9, 2015



 Initially when I started them I was going to do Little Garter Checks, but I was kind of bored by the idea and wanted to try something new, so I came up with this stitch pattern. It looks a little bit like basket weave, but it's a little bit different.



I think I'll enter this pair on the fair.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment