"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/16/15

Projects

I frogged the color work mitten. I got to the top decreases and it was going to be 3 inches longer than my hand. I was not happy with the workmanship either. Such sloppy tension. Urg! I decided to start it over. I've dropped down to size 0 needles and it looks much better, and is closer to proper gauge. I got this far over the weekend.



I've also been busily cross stitching Snowman Row. I finished Snowman 11. Yay!



Outlining the graphic pattern on that scarf was quite the challenge. I have started Snowman 12 too!



I am so close to having this project done, finally! I'm so excited! I'll be cross stitching like crazy over the next few evenings to finish it.

Today I did some sewing. I'm working on a quilted bag. It has a front pocket that is made of small pieces. My first real piecing project. I cut the pieces out last week and started sewing it together today. I got all the little bitty pieces put together.



While I was sewing my daughter took this photo of me.



It was kind of a rough weekend for me. Last Thursday I went out to check on the hot tub. While coming back up the steps to the upper deck I managed to trip and fall on my right knee rather hard. It is all swollen and black and blue and extremely painful. Fortunately, I didn't break anything. It hurts like heck. Worse than it did after the fall in Times Square last March. It's ice packs and taking it easy for a couple weeks for me. I really need to get into the habit of holding the rail when going up steps. I do it when going down. Why can't I do it going up? I'm glad I bought a cane earlier this year. It's coming in handy.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment