"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/9/14

This is Lammily

She arrived a week ago, but I didn't get a chance to take her picture until last night. This is my new Lammily doll. I've named her Josephine.



She's the new 'normal' size doll that I joined a kickstarter campaign for. She has the normal body proportions of a 19 year old teenage girl. I like her. She's cute, has nice hair, and her arm and knee joints bend. I do not like her feet. They are jointed at the ankle and are way too loose. I have to either lean her against something, or use a stand to stand her up. (I ordered a stand yesterday) I need to make her some decent clothes. The Lammily  company are scheduled to release clothes to purchase for her in January. I've preordered a couple outfits, but that doesn't stop me from knitting something for her now. Workin' on something already.

I am hoping she becomes popular. I don't know though. Properly proportioned dolls have been introduced in the past and ended in failure. Keeping my fingers crossed this doll doesn't suffer the same fate.

I had a good weekend. I finished two Christmas gift projects, one sewn, one knitted. I'll not be putting them on the blog until after Christmas, of course.

I worked on the Moose sweater too. Got a few more rows done. I'm over halfway done with the body. I plan to take pics for WIP Wednesday tomorrow.

We are having strange weather this winter. There's no snow on the ground. We've had way less precipitation so far than normal-rain or snow. Yesterday it was a gorgeous sunny day. I ended up sitting out in the hot tub in the sun for awhile. I felt the need to soak up some rays, and relax the tense muscles.

This week it's in the 40's and starting tonight we're supposed to get a lot of rain, which I welcome cuz we need it! It won't be snow though. I'm not used to being able to see the grass this late in the year.

Usually, I stop feeding the birds in May. Then I start up again when the ground is covered in snow. In past years that has been in November. Last week I noticed I wasn't hearing the chatter of birds that we usually have. It has been strangely quiet. It kind of scared me. What if the birds gave up on me and moved into town? I decided I wasn't waiting anymore and I put up the feeders last Friday. I was really worried the birds would not come, but they did. Chickadees found it yesterday and the word is out! The noisy chatter has returned and all is right with the world. My cats are thrilled. Bird tv has returned. They love to sit on the windowsill and watch them.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment