"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/2/14

My Cashmere Cowl

It's finished. Hurray!


Cashmere Cowl

Pattern: Fine Art Cowl by Heather Dixon

Yarn: Mountain Colors Louisa
Content: 65% Cashmere/35% Silk, fingering weight
Color: Lady Slipper

Needles: ChiaoGoo Twist Red Lace Circular size 5

Cast on: October 20, 2014
Completed: November 28, 2014



This is my first mobius loop project. The pattern is well written and super easy to knit. The stitch pattern was easy to memorize. This would be a good project for new knitters looking for their first simple lace project.



The yarn is to die for! It's expensive, so I could afford only one skein. It is so soft and warm. It has a nice fuzzy halo and was wonderful to work with.



I made it for me, to go with my purple fur coat. I wore it today. My neck was very happy.

Another project I finished is a set of quilted pot holders. I used leftover fabric from the apron I made last year for my daughter Sarah.

Front

The pattern is a free one I found on the internet: Potholder Mitt . They have a pocket in the front so they can be used as oven mitts as well as pot holders.

Back
This is my official first quilting project. They're no where near perfect. Everything that could be crooked is, and the binding is awful! I'm gonna need lots of practice before I get good at it. I'm happy with them though. For my first, it didn't come out half bad.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment