"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/16/14

Christmas Tree 2014

Our Christmas tree is up and decorated. Hurray! We went with a purple theme this year.




I've had those giant purple silk poinsettia flowers for several years and this is the first time I've used them-mostly because I would forget about them every year. This time I remembered! HA HA! My sister in law, Kathryn, has lent me a box of her old fashioned purple fruit ornaments too. They're pretty cool. I appreciate her generosity. I don't really have very many purple ornaments in my collection. Most years my trees are not purple.

Speaking of purple, I know I said I was going to do a WIP Wednesday post last week featuring my moose sweater, but it didn't happen, obviously. I just didn't have time to do it, so I'm doing it now. Here is my purple moose sweater. I've finished the whole bottom chart/moose legs and have started on the moose body. It's so much fun to see it gradually beginning to appear!



What's really amazing is I'm making very few mistakes as I knit. I have the main stitch pattern completely memorized, so I just have to look at the chart for the moose part. I'm really enjoying this project. I wish I could work on it more than I do. Maybe after I get the Christmas knitting done.

So close to having it done. The Christmas knitting, that is. I thought I'd finish today while at the Rathdrum Knitalong meeting, but I made a huge mistake last night. I discovered it at the meeting and ended up frogging half of it, so I came home with less done  than I'd left home with. Urg. I hate it when that happens. At least I spotted the error before I bound off the whole thing and called it done!

As I type this, it's gently snowing out. Teeny tiny fluffy little flakes. Maybe we will have a white Christmas after all.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Love your tree and you! Give everyone in the Park family my
    love and hugs. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, forgot to sign off.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete