"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/27/14

Birds!

I hope you had a good Christmas day. I know I did. I got awesome gifts from my family, and had an absolutely wonderful time at our friends house for Christmas dinner. We played cards until almost midnight. We also took Cable with us, and she was so very good. She was disappointed because their dog Tico, who is a Chihuahua, didn't want to play, but that is because Tico is getting very old now. I thought he was extremely patient with her under the circumstances.

My Christmas presents are chocolates of various kinds, a necklace with a jeweled dog paw print pendant, some doo-dads for my kitchen including purple chip bag clips, a nice heavy meat tenderizer, and a garlic press. I also got a pack of Star Trek TOS playing cards and a Knitpicks Velvet Glove Palette yarn sampler set. 10 balls of Palette fingering yarn in different shades of purple. YAY! The biggest surprise, though, was a new 500 gig hard drive for my laptop. It's not installed yet. Hubby had some problems trying to clone my old drive onto the new one, which he wants to do before installing it, so there's a delay until he can figure out why it isn't working. (Computers never work the way they say they will. Especially when the manual says 'easy install'.)

This weekend the Parkarosa Bird Buffet has been very very busy. There are so many Pine Siskins it loos like the plum tree has leaves again. We also have Chickadees, Red Breasted Nuthatches, more House Finches than you can shake a stick at, and several Woodpeckers. Best of all, the Red Crossbills are back. I managed to get some pics yesterday.

This is the first Red Crossbill that came to the feeder. We thought he was alone here, except the 2 Pine Siskins of course, but when I loaded the pic into my laptop we could see that his mate is actually at the feeder too on the back side. You can see her head through the feeder.

Click on pic to embiggen

She never did come out where we could see her.

Click on pic to embiggen

I managed to get some pics of this Hairy Woodpecker too. It's hard to take their pictures cuz they don't stay still for more than a second or two.

Click on pic to embiggen

He was very interested in the suet block.

Click on pic to embiggen

We did not have any snow for Christmas, but we've got it today! It started snowing early this morning and has not stopped since. We've got about 4 inches and climbing. Tonight is the Park family Christmas dinner. We decided to do it tonight instead of Christmas eve. I will be giving my nephew the present I've made him. Pics of this project will be posted later this week.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment