"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/7/14

I've Got WIPs

I have been starting new projects like crazy the last 2 weeks. I have started, and made slow progress on my purple moose sweater. It is slow going  because I've got 312 stitches in a round. I just have to keep telling myself I'm knitting the whole front and back and not separate pieces. I'm using Madelintosh Tosh DK yarn and I'm luvin' it!



I really wanted to get back to knitting for Knit Wits, so I've started a pair of mens mittens using my Little Garter Checks pattern and some Berroco Vintage in black.



You know my eyes are doing better if I'm knitting with black! And yes, they are doing 100 times better. They don't hurt at all. Yay!

I also started a fuzzy shrug for Knit Wits. I'm using my Fancy Flossy Shrug pattern with a modification.



I have also started a rather unusual hat pattern named Regina. I want to teach a class on how to make it, so I'm knitting up a sample. This is the bottom edge, or cuff, of the hat.



When I get it done, it should resemble this.



Last Wednesday it was so cold I actually turned on the furnace. It was only 46F degrees and raining when I got up that morning. Brr. Thankfully, the warm weather returned over the weekend. But summer is definitely over. The air smells like autumn, the Pine beetles are out in force, the leaves are turning, and the neighbors are shooting their guns a whole lot more than usual. Target practice for the coming hunting season, I assume. I really hate the gun noise. It's very very annoying and obtrusive. Phooey! Winter is coming.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog! I love your blog, you make beautiful things, I like this cute hat. I also love your Ellowyne clothes! I hope you'll drop by my blog again, I certainly will come to visit yours again :-). I don't see a "follow" button here, but I will add you to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete