"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/15/14

The Fair This Year

The North Idaho Fair is being held August 20 - 24. I don't have as many entries as I usually do. It's not a case of less finished objects as much as I haven't made much that could be entered. I've given so much away, or it's just not worth entering (for instance, all those itty bitty doll sweaters). Here's what I entered for knitting.

My Gansey.



I wasn't going to because I'm not real pleased with the workmanship on the gussets. However, I decided a Gansey needs to be seen by the public. Who knows? Maybe it's better than I think. I tend to be my own worst critic.

Starry Night



Well, yeah!

The green mohair doll outfit.



It had to be entered on a doll. Prudence volunteered. I did change her wig to short red hair, the shoes to brown, and I made different jewelry. She looks very elegant and refined now. (Should have taken a pic before I entered her.)

The Victory Tam



I haven't done nearly as much beading as I usually do, but I do have 3 entries.

L'Or Noir et Blanc



I entered it in the General Crafts department under Jewelry/Necklace.

Tila Trellis



Last, but not least Rose Licorice.



That's a total of 7 entries for me this year. Counting mine, I had a total of 34 entries for Knit Wits. Way down from last year. So I'm not the only one low on entries.

I will be 'working' at the fair this year. I belong to the local Inland Northwest Freethought Society. We're doing a booth in hopes of finding new members. (That's how I found them, so I know it works) I'll be working two shifts. One on Thursday, and one on Saturday. Should be interesting, and fun.

Live long and prosper. \\//


1 comment:

  1. Good choices! I'm not a hat person, but that Tam is beautiful! I love the colors and your colorwork is lovely.

    ReplyDelete