"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/5/14

Pink Mohair

After much math, and more ripping out than I wanted, I finally got this little design to work for me.



Little Pink Cowl Neck Sweater

Pattern: by me. Not available.

Yarn: Elann Silken Kidd in Orchid.
Content: 100% Super Kid Mohair/30% Silk, lace weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 0 and 1

Cast on: April 30, 2014
Bound off: May 2, 2014

Comments: I've got the general idea of what I want, but it needs some tweaking. I also don't like the feel of the fabric. A little too flimsy for my taste.

My sister made the skirt with French Lace.



A couple weeks before we left on our vacation back east Wilde Imagination had a big sale. I bought two outfits for my Andy Mills. Since I was taking pics of dolls, I one of him too. He is wearing the shirt, vest, and jacket from the Rufus Totally Natural outfit and the pants and shoes from the Rufus Totally Relaxed outfit. 



I had a good weekend. On Saturday I taught a class on sweater finishing, which covers blocking and various seaming methods. I only had one student, but it went very well. Sunday I puttered about the house, went to Costco for some groceries, and surfed the net. The weather was wet, with occasional small periods of sunshine. In other words, we're in 5 minute weather season. It was a good day to stay indoors.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. That sweater goes perfect with the skirt. And what an amazing job your sister did, that's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater and skirt are both amazing! Definitely worth all the ripping out you did.

    ReplyDelete