"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/2/14

FO Friday 5/2/2014

At last, the Librarian Project is finished! Hurray! The 5th pair.



Flecktone Mitts

Pattern: Flecktone by Susan Moskwa
Size: Ladies Medium

Yarn: Schachenmayr Nomotta Bravo Color
Content: 100% Acrylic, dk weight

Needles: Chaiogoo size 4

Cast on: April 9, 2014
Completed: May 1, 2014



I plan to deliver them next Tuesday at the knitting group meeting.

Did I mention my daughter, Ruth, got a job? I don't think I have. She started yesterday as a clerk at our local drug store. I am so unbelievably happy. She's been trying to get a job ever since she came home from college (3 years ago?). It's been an issue of struggle and frustration in our house. I'm so glad it's resolved positively. I am looking forward to having days in my house alone. Just me and the fur kids. What am I gonna do then? Anything I want! Woo hoo!

I have ordered another doll. I found a good deal for a nude/bald All Natural Lizette in the Spice skin tone. I want her for modeling my doll fashions. I have Great Depression Lizette, but I've wrapped her up in her box and put her away for posterity. I don't want her ruined. Besides, her eye makeup wouldn't do for modeling. So new Liz is on her way. I'm excited.

Since she comes bald, I ordered a wig for her which arrived yesterday. This is what it looked like after I carefully unpacked it. I've put it on Pru.



The color is called brown black. I expected it to be darker than this. Oh well. I was not happy with it though. It looks so...messy. So I thought I would try fixing it. All I did was manage to frizz it out and make it look worse. Then I thought of hair clips, and how I  used to clip my hair when I had it permed and styled like this. I LOVE the wig now (though I still wish it were a bit darker).



This week I've been working on a new sweater idea for the shop. I ordered some beautiful mohair from Elann and have cast on for it. I actually finished the sweater yesterday, but it didn't turn out right. So I've ripped it back and am now working on redoing the part that was wrong.



I know what I want. It's in my minds eye. It's just getting the fabric to do it!

It's a gorgeous day today. Supposed to be in the 70's. I plan to deck knit, between loads of laundry, of course.



If you're interested in participating in FO Friday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Love the mitts, the stitch pattern works great with that self striping yarn, really makes it POP! Good news for your daughter. I was laid off from my job of several years last year and am working again now, but its really tough out there to get a job right now. And I had to accept a very low wage compared to what I was making. But lower is better than $0 - $0 doesn't pay my bills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mitts. They are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete