"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/22/14

Beads in the Green Silk Mohair

Another doll outfit finished.

Modeled by Prudence Not All Black and White
Beads in the Green Silk Mohair

Pattern: Not available

Yarn: Elann Silken Kidd in Forest Mist.
Content: 70% Super Kid Mohair/30% Silk, lace weight

Needles: Addi Turbo circular size1

Cast on: May 13, 2014
Bound off: May 19, 2014

Comments: Size 11 Japanese seed beads in matte silver lined green are knit in to the lace pattern around the neck ruffle and the skirt hem. 



I really enjoyed making this one. I got an idea and it worked the first time I tried it.



I decided to try my hand at making felted hats for my dolls. Here are my first two tries.



I didn't use a large enough piece of wool felt to get the brim as wide as I wanted for both of these. I need to use a slightly larger one. I made the green one to go with the above green outfit.



Its a little bit different style. A compromise for what I really wanted. I am pleased with the embellishment on this one. I used the same beads as are in the outfit so it kind of matches.

Yesterday I spent the whole day working on getting 5 outfits ready for Ebay. I made jewelry to match the outfits. Then I took almost 200 photographs, then had to spend time sorting out the ones I would use and editing them for the web. Then I carefully packaged everything up. I didn't get done until 6:30 in the evening. Consequently, we had a late dinner. Sweet Hubby doesn't like waiting that long for dinner. He comes home from work so hungry.

I am planning to get everything up on Ebay tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I'm supposed to meet some friends for lunch in Coeur d'Alene, and there's laundry, and house cleaning. Urg. I will MAKE the time.



I must confess, I have purchased another doll. I found it on Ebay last week, never removed from box, too low a price to be believed. I couldn't resist! I have wanted this doll for a very long time, so I am very excited to finally have it. Ladies and gentlemen! I present Spock!



He's only 12 inches tall and in perfect condition. He now lives in a display case on top my piano. Don't want him getting all dusty and dirty. (Or worse, the cats getting him!)

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Love the doll ensemble, the bead detail and hat are beautiful. Hey, youd be crazy to pass up that Spock doll - I would have grabbed it if I saw it!!

    ReplyDelete