"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/3/14

Pink Tunic

Saturday was my blogiversary. I didn't notice until today. This blog is 7 years old. I should have a contest or something in celebration. Hmmm...I will think about it.

I knit a pink tunic for Ellowyne Wilde dolls. It's being worn by Amber in this photo.



Little Pink Tunic

Pattern: by me. Not available.

Yarn: Queensland Collection Sugar Rush in light pink
Content: 100% Sugar Cane, sport weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 0 and 1

Cast on: January 28, 2014
Bound off: January 31, 2014
Completed: February 28, 2014

Comments: I'm getting better at making doll clothes. It was a long time between when I bound off and when I got around to blocking, sewing, and putting on the snaps. Life has been busy. Anyway, the plan is to send this to my sister, who will make a skirt to go with it (she sews), and then she'll try to sell the outfit on Ebay. Just an experiment to see what happens.

The tights and belt are from the Prudence Not All Black and White outfit. Beside Amber is Prudence wearing a dress my daughter, Ruth, knitted.


There's another dress she knit in the same pink as the above tunic, but I haven't gotten to the sewing and snaps yet. I also plan to do some bead embroidery on it. Just haven't decided exactly what, yet.

I've got the 3rd session of the entrelac mitts class today. It's supposed to be the last session, but things are not going well so I'll probably add a 4th one. I hate doing that. But, I want the students to learn what they've paid me to teach them.

Last Saturdays 2nd session of the sock class didn't go well either. No one had finished their homework, so I couldn't teach them what was planned-heel flap and turn. Spent most of the time while they finished knitting the leg. I got them started on the flap. We'll turn the heel at the next session. Two students didn't show up, and another one announced she won't be there next Saturday. Urg. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do now. One thing for certain though, from now on, I will hand out a class outline of what will be taught each session of a class so students are aware of what they'll be missing.

It snowed over the weekend. Especially Sunday. Got a few inches of the stuff, and it's very cold. In the teens during the day and single digits at night. I'm not going to complain though cuz we're not getting that polar vortex stuff here. Besides, it's March. Spring is not far away.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment