"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/2/14

Andy Mills No Fare

I think I've completely lost it. 55 years old and still playing with dolls. Oh well.

I decided my Ellie needed a male friend quite some time ago. There is only one male doll in the Ellowyne Wilde series, Rufus, and I don't care for him at all. So I went looking for something compatible elsewhere. It has taken me quite a while to find something I liked. Mostly because the Ellowyne Wilde dolls heads are out of proportion to the body, being a bit on the large side. That's made it difficult.

I came across the Andy Mills-No Fare quite by chance when doing a google search.

Andy Mills No Fare by Tonner Dolls


He's a Tonner doll, from the Cami and Jon series, but he is not on the Tonner web site any where. There are other Andy Mills, but not this one.

With glasses.

I think it may be because he was never available for retail? He was a doll attendees of a 2011 Tonner doll conference received. Only 150 of him were made, and I paid an incredibly good price for him. One of those 'too good to be believed' things. I'm quite pleased.



His head is smaller in proportion than Ellie's, but it is in proportion to his body. He has the Matt O'Neill body, which Rufus also has, so he will fit Rufus sized clothes. I like the doll very much. I even like his outfit. Ellie seems to be getting along quite well with him.



I'm going to have to make him a sweater.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment