"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/19/14

Tila Trellis

I have not been beading for several weeks, mostly because I didn't feel like it and didn't really have the time. This weekend I feel like, finally, things are slowing down a bit and I can catch my breath. Suddenly, the need to bead hit me. The January challenge for the Seadbeadersters group is making something with the 2-hole Tila beads. I've been dying to try them out ever since they first came out, what, 2 years ago? Maybe more? I dug out a pattern and the beads and got busy. It felt so good to be beading again.

This is the Tila Trellis bracelet by Svetlana Chernitsky from the October 2013 issue of Bead and Button magazine.



I love this bracelet! It feels so fluid and drapes wonderfully around my wrist.



It was so easy to make too.



It's done in netting stitch.



I've used Tilas in a matte metallic golden rainbow finish, Superduos in the brown and white Picasso finish, bronze size 11 seed beads, bronze Delicas, Golden Shadow 3mm Swarovski Bicone crystals, a tiny little bit of light topaz silver-lined size 15 seed beads, and dark bronze drops. The clasp is an antique gold-finished pewter toggle and loop I bought at Firemountain Gems.



I love how the Superduos look woven together like this.



I see myself wearing this bracelet a lot.



I should mention that Seadbeadersters is no longer a Yahoo group. We moved to Facebook because the new group format in Yahoo no longer worked for our needs. I like our new home. It's easier for me to follow the conversation threads, and I get a lot less email too.

Our snow has all melted away. We still have large areas of ice, and the ground is hard as a rock. But no snow. It feels a bit weird not having snow halfway through January. As much as I dislike the stuff, I understand that we need it. Especially up in the mountains. So I'm kind of hoping this high pressure system hovering over us will move on and we'll get our timely snow.

My hot tub broke this week. For some reason, the pipes attached to the pump have sprung leaks. I went out to sit in the hot water and relax with a good book and a nice cocktail. When I lifted the lid, the water was half gone. I noticed a puddle on the lawn. Phooey! We've shut everything down and drained the water. I don't know if it can be fixed or not. I guess we'll find out. In the meantime, I'm gonna miss being able to use it.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment