"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/17/13

Almost There!

Yesterday I wove in a monumental number of ends, then blocked Chocolate Cephalopod. It went very well. After blocking, the sweater is at 44 inches around. So I got gauge after all.

Pic taken after blocking was finished.

Then I got out my trusty sewing machine and reinforced the steeks. Since then I've put the shoulders together with the 3 needle bind off, knit on the neckband, and woven the rest of the ends in. Now the steeks are cut and today I will sew in the sleeves. This baby will be in the mail before the end of the week. Woo hoo!

It's going to be in the 40's today. The sun is shining, and I hear a Towhee calling. I didn't know they stuck around in the winter. Interesting. The snow has all melted away. I'm enjoying the warmth, but I know the cold will be back soon.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment