"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/1/13

Doll FO's

Today is my last post before leaving on my trip. I'm boarding a plane when dawn is cracking in the morning.

Last Saturday I spent the day finishing the doll outfits.

Modeled by Essential Amber Wigged Out

Little Blue Dress

Pattern: by me. Not available.

Yarn: Queensland Collection Sugar Rush in light blue
Content: 100% Sugar Cane, sport weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 0 and 1

Cast on: September 3, 2013
Completed: September 28, 2013

Comments: I embroidered denim blue seed beads on the front yoke.

~~~~~~~~~~

Next, we have the little top and matching capri pants.

Modeled by Essential Amber Wigged Out


Pink Top With Fur Trimmed Yoke

Pattern: by me. Not available.

Yarn: Queensland Collection Sugar Rush in Bright Pink
Content: 100% Sugar Cane, sport weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 0 and 1

Cast on: September 8, 2013
Completed: September 28, 2013

Comments: I tried to make a peplum below the waist, but didn't increase enough stitches. Note to self: Double the number of stitches next time. However, I really like what I ended up with. It gives it a nice feminine look.

Modeled by Essential Amber Wigged Out


Pink and Black Capris

Pattern: by me. Not available.

Yarn: Queensland Collection Sugar Rush in Bright Pink and Black
Content: 100% Sugar Cane, sport weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2

Cast on: September 23, 2013
Completed: September 28, 2013

Comments: I love the way this yarn drapes. It's perfect for doll clothes!

I had some problems with this one. The length between the crotch and waist wasn't quite long enough. I fixed it by stretching the fabric while steaming it. It worked. In fact, it worked very well. Also, the waist was just a bit too loose. So I wove some invisible elastic thread in the waist. Fixed the problem right up. Note to self: If I use size 2 needles, the waist will be wide enough that I can just add elastic and make them pull ups rather than doing snaps and a fly.

I took good notes while knitting these so I won't need the models the next time I try making them. 
That is because I am not keeping them for myself. I've packed them in my suitcase to wing their way to their new home in Michigan.

It is still raining and cold. I'm starting to seriously miss the sunshine. I hope the weather is better in Michigan.

I plan on coming back home on the 9th. Until then...

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment