"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/10/13

Wild Fairy Hair

I made this silly yarn wig over the weekend. I call it Wild Fairy hair.



I crocheted the cap using worsted weight yarn, size G hook, and double crochet stitches, then tied strands of loopy mohair on each stitch kind of following these directions, but in my own way. I didn't separate the strands because the mohair is basically a single strand yarn. It was just an experiment to see what it would look like. I would have liked to have used longer strands, but I didn't have enough of the mohair. It was just a small bit of leftovers from a project done a very long time ago (So long ago I can't remember what the project was.) Which brings me to my next news.

I'm flying back to Michigan in October to see my father and take care of some things for him. He's still in the nursing home and probably will be for the rest of his life, which makes me sad in some ways. However, it's the best place for him to be. He can't take care of himself so he needs to be somewhere people can take care of him. The bright side of this is that he's in a place with other people so he's making friends, and they have lots of activities to keep the residents busy and happy. It is a very very nice Assisted Living place with a fantastic reputation. I'm looking forward to seeing it in real life. The above wig is going with me. I'm going to give it to my sister to give to her granddaughter.

I also finished the knitting of a little doll dress. I need to block it, etc for it to be completely done. After I bound of the dress, I did a bit of figuring and planning, then cast on for a little top in pink. I've got this idea for a peplum and whatnot.

The weather was very cool and a little bit wet over the weekend. It was the first time I've wanted to wear long pants since June. Yesterday we had a perfect weather day. The rest of the week we are returning to hot hot, starting today with an estimated high of 91.

Merino was playing with his giant stuffed mousy. I had to take a pic.

Mine!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment