"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/26/13

Flowers 'n Stuff

I took some pictures of flowers in my yard yesterday. I figured we'd be having a frost last night and that would be the end of them. However, we didn't get that frost. Probably tonight though. These pics are for me, so during the coming winter I can look at them.

My favorites among the 40 Petunias in the boxes on the deck.



Candy stripes.



True black.



Gotta have purple.



The Dahlia bloomed very well this year. My first real success at growing one. It's been blooming for several weeks. This is the last one of the year.



Despite the terrible care my veggie garden got this year, we actually got stuff out of it. I picked the last of the tomatoes, and the one zucchini. First time I've grown a zucchini that didn't provide enough to feed everyone within 200 miles.


We've had 4 meals from the green beans so far, and Ruth picked enough for 2 more meals so I put them in the fridge.

This coming weekend I plan to see what can be found in the row of carrots and beets. Don't know if there'll be anything or not. The ground squirrels have really done a number on the root crops.

I started another pair of slippers today. It will be pair #5. I'll post the 2 pairs I just recently finished soon.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that does look black, I've never seen that before. Is it really, or just a very deep version of something else?

    elmey

    ReplyDelete