"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/23/13

I've Got the Blues - Fair 2013 Results

As planned, I went to the fair on Wednesday. I did quite well, if I do say so myself. I entered 12 items. I won 11 first place ribbons and 1 second place ribbon. I took photos, although some of them didn't turn out as good as I wanted. It's hard to take photos of things in glass cases.

 I had 4 knitted items. The red beaded doll dress won Blue. (I wish they'd pulled up that shoulder a bit.)




Seed Stitch Striped Mens Mittens, Blue.



Lime and black baby cardigan and matching hat, Blue.



Mens stockinet stitch mittens, Blue. That's really saying something. It's hard to get nice even tension in stockinet stitch.



I had 3 items in the General Crafts department. I entered the bracelet in the middle of the black background. I really couldn't tell which ribbon went to which item, but my best guess is it won Red. I won't know for sure until I pick it up next week. For all I know, I could be completely wrong and have not won anything on it.



The Irish Cream bracelet won Blue.



So did this Christmas ornament cover.



I entered the remaining beaded items in the Needlework department under bead weaving cataegories. These three items won Blue ribbons.



My lacy bracelet won Blue too.



Finally, this ornament cover won Blue.



The Knitwits did fantastic! The majority of their entries won blue ribbons. I'm so proud of them. There was only one item that won no ribbon at all. The prize money won will be used to purchase more yarn for the group.

The weather is back to being hot, stuffy, and the air is thick with forest fire smoke again. My eyes hurt so bad and I've been coughing a lot for 2 days. Right now, it's also cloudy and we've got thunderstorm warnings. We're under extreme fire danger conditions too, so lightning is a scary thing. Hopefully, we'll get lots of rain with the lightning, if we get anything, and there'll be no new fires.

Last night I tried to back up my hard drive. It's been a year since it's been done. My little Passport pocket drive is what I use for backing up. I lost the chord to it last year. I tried using another chord that fit it, but I kept getting a 'chord is too long' error, so I gave up. Well, yesterday I found the lost chord-in the car of all places, attached to my MP3 player.

First I tried using Windows Backup to do it, but it failed-after crunching for 4 hours! Very frustrating. The Passport came with WD Smartware software for backing up, but I don't really like that program. However, it appears that is the only thing that will work. So, I had to update the software which took me a couple hours to accomplish. (Have you ever noticed it takes a long time to get anything done on a computer?) Today I'm gonna try again. If it doesn't work, I'm going to have to do something else. Not sure what. I need to back up my hard drive! My computer is starting to get to the age of hard drive failure. I don't want to take chances.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment