"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/20/13

Essential Amber Wigged Out

A new doll has been added to my small but growing collection. This is Essential Amber Wigged Out.



This doll came out in the fall of 2010. She's already very rare and hard to find. I mentioned in the ImaginingEllowyneWilde group on Yahoo that I'd fallen in love with her after seeing pictures of her on the Wilde Imagination web site. To my surprise, one of the members emailed me privately that she had one for sale. She had all of the original outfit, wigs, and stand and at a very very good price. I had to take advantage of the opportunity.



She comes dressed in this little outfit with 2 wigs, the black one above, and the red one below.



She's the same size as Ellowyne and Lizette (16 inches), and fits in all the clothes that Ellowyne can wear.



I managed to do a little beading yesterday and got a couple more inches done on the ladder stitch bracelet but I didn't have enough time to finish it. I've decided I'm not going to make it into a Christmas ornament. I'm liking it so much I want to wear it as a bracelet after all. The pattern calls for a sliding clasp, which I don't have, so I've ordered some from Firemountain Gems.

Tomorrow the North Idaho Fair opens. A dear friend has given me 2 tickets so Ruth and I are going first thing in the morning. I'm anxious to see how all the entries I took down there last week have done. Especially my little Ellie with her hand knit red dress. I'll be posting the results afterwards.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment