"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/10/13

WIP Wednesday 7/10/2013

Time for a WIP Wednesday post. I have two projects to share.

This pair of mittens is progressing nicely. I'm using Vanna's Choice yarn that was donated to Knitwits. I really love this shade of red.



I finally got back to working on the little purple doll dress I started several weeks ago.


I'm using Sugar Rush yarn again. I really like this stuff. It's very nice to work with. I've got an eyelet lace pattern on the yoke, and I'm making my way down to the waist now.

Summer is definitely here in north Idaho. The weather has been hot hot hot. And dry. We're getting "Red" fire warnings now. It amazes me how quickly things dry out around here. I took Cable for a walk in the woods today and even though it looks green, the ground crackled and crunched from the dryness with every step I took. Another few days and the moose will probably start eating my yard because it'll be the yummiest place around.

Earlier today my daughter Ruth and I worked on our Wool in the Wilde web site for our little doll clothing business we're starting. We were gonna go the Ebay route, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like it. Why do we need a middle party in there between us and Paypal collecting their cut? Lets see if we can manage on our own. I think we can. It's not going to be a huge business. Just a few One-of-a-kind knit outfits, doll jewelry, and maybe some of my own beaded jewelry too. We'll see how it goes.

Yesterday I ordered Great Depression Lizette. I really wanted her when she first came out, but I didn't think I should purchase her at the same time as her companion, Great Depression Ellowyne, due to budget issues. So I purchased just one of them. I regretted it rather quickly. She sold out right away, so I was unable to purchase her later from Wilde Imagination. I found her on Ebay yesterday, for an exorbitant price (sigh), but it could be worse. I decided to get her now while she's halfway affordable. She's going to become a rare collectible because they only made 200 of her and she's very popular. She was shipped this morning and is supposed to be here before Saturday.

Tomorrow, after Yarnies and my blood test appointment, we are going to Bear Paw Quilting to look for some fabric that will make good backgrounds for photos of the doll knits we're making. I sure hope we find what I have in mind. I want pastel shades of neutrals and forest type prints. Something that won't take away from the main focus of the pictures, but will go with the name we've chosen. I guess we'll find out whether that is possible or not. At the very least, I can get some solid colors that will work. I have background fabrics for my lightbox, but nothing I want to use. Grey, red, blue, black, and white. Blech.

The Bingo game going on in my ImaginingEllowyneWilde Yahoo group has started this week. So far, I've got 3 words on my card. Not in any row though.





If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment