"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/12/13

Sprockets Shawl

As regular readers know, my daughter, Ruth, is an accomplished knitter. I taught her how to knit a few years ago and she took to it like crazy. She clearly has a natural ability for it. Her knitting usually involves thin yarns and small needles. Her most favorite type of knitting is lace, specifically lace shawls. Recently she started creating her own designs. Which brings me to the subject of todays post.

My Ruth wants to be a knitting designer in the worst way. Me being her mother, I want to encourage and help her achieve her goals. So I am devoting this blog post to her newest accomplishment.

My daughter as designed, written, and published one of the most awesome circular lace shawl patterns I've ever seen. She calls it Sprockets.



It features a Steampunk inspired design of gears within gears. You can see it better in this picture she took just after she'd finished blocking it.




She has spent months working on this design. Then she waited weeks while it was being test knit. The pattern is now available for purchase on Ravelry.

It's knit in lace weight yarn, with suggested size 3US needles, from the center out. The finished diameter is 54 inches. The pattern is in PDF format, has 9 pages of charts and written instructions, and comes at a reasonable price of only $6.00.



If you are interested in this pattern, I'd really appreciate it if you'd go take a look in her brand new Ravelry store, and perhaps purchase it.

Link to pattern ---> Sprockets Shawl

If you're not on Ravelry, and want to purchase it, you can email her at:


Please help me help my daughter get her dream going.

One proud mother, that's me.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment