"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/30/13

Doll Jewelry Debut

For the first time, I have made doll jewelry. It's not much. Just some strung beads, but I'm rather proud of it. I used glass seed beads and tiny fresh water pearls.



I made a necklace



and matching bracelet. I used stretchy beading thread for the bracelet. It's the first time I've used it. It's very streeeeeeeetchy!



It really dresses up the knit teal outfit.



I've added the outfit and jewelry to the slippers for the prize package I'm donating for the July Bingo game in the ImaginingEllowyneWilde Yahoo group.

Weather update. It was predicted to be hot and sunny yesterday. It was hot, but not sunny. It rained, and thundered, and lighteninged, and was a very wet day. Not one for doing anything outdoors. Today looks like it's going to be dryer. Sunshine, blue sky, and it's hot and muggy.

Sweet Hubby is away for a night. Ruth and I planned to go to a movie while he is gone, but there wasn't one playing that we wanted to see. Bummer. But we went out to dinner anyway. Went to Wah Hings in Rathdrum. It's our favorite Chinese restaurant.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment