"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/24/13

Of Dolls and Dresses

As planned, a post on the doll clothes I've finished this past week.

Modeled by Debbie

 Mink Purple Elegance

Pattern: Still in development by me.

Yarn: Jo-ann Sensations Mink in Black
Content: 100% Polyester, bulky weight
Yarn: Nomi Lee Lorraine in Black
Content: 100% Acrylic, lace weight
Yarn: S. Charles Collezione Ritratto in Purple
Content: 53% Rayon/ 28% Mohair/ 10% Nylon/ 9% Polyester, DK weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 0 and 1

Cast on: May 11, 2013
Completed: May 15, 2013

Comments: I love how this turned out! Wasn't easy designing a way to use that bulky yarn on a garment that is 8 sts to the inch. Lets just say I used slip stitch. There are 3 snaps in the back opening.



Fits perfectly. 1x1 rib edges the neck, sleeves, and hem.



~~~~~~~~~~

Modeled by Debbie

Little Red Dress

Pattern: Still in development by me.

Yarn: Queensland Collection Sugar Rush in Red
Content: 100% Sugar Cane, sport weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 0 and 2

Cast on: May 6, 2013
Completed: May 22, 2013

Comments: I absolutely love the yarn I used to make this dress. It's made of Sugar Cane. It's so soft and has wonderful drape. Perfect for dress knitting. I've put 4 snaps in the back opening and edged the neck, sleeves, and hem with 1x1 rib.



I have embellished the neckline and sleeves with some tiny white seed beads.




I'm very happy with it, though I think I probably should have stopped the hem a half inch earlier than I did.



~~~~~~~~~~

Modeled by Ellie

Little Grey Slacks


Pattern: Still in development by me.

Yarn: Queensland Collection Sugar Rush in Grey
Content: 100% Sugar Cane, sport weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 0 and 2

Cast on: May 9, 2013
Completed: May 16, 2013

Comments: I wasn't so sure these would fit right because they looked so big before I sewed the seams. Turns out it fits perfect. I did forget to put in a fly at first. Sewed the front center seam all the way up to the waist, then realized that wasn't going to work. I picked up some sts along the front edge and did a few rows of garter stitch. It's not perfect, but it works. Next pair the fly will be knit in as I go. There's one snap.




The waist is done in 1x1 rib and I did 3 rows of garter stitch for the hem.



The little pink tunic Ellie is wearing was knit by my daughter Ruth. It's done in lace weight alpaca. The slacks go perfect with it.



So, now you know what I've been knitting.



Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments:

  1. Oh, those are fabulous! And they made me laugh--I just read a friend's description of being on a cruise where she describes some of the women as having come on with seven steamer trunks full of designer clothes to see and be seen in. So funny, because those dolls are so perfect in their finery and their look has everything to do with your creativity, talent, skill, and willingness to devote time to them rather than how much money you may or may not have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across these instructions for making your own wigs for these dolls and had to share. I have really enjoyed seeing the wonderful clothes you have been making!

    http://www.livemaster.ru/topic/40845-master-klass-parik-iz-nitok?msec=25?

    ReplyDelete