"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/20/13

Tiny Teal Outfit

So, the other night I sat down and thought for about 10 minutes on what kind of skirt I wanted to make Ellie to go with her little knit tunic. The book with the tunic pattern in it has a pattern for matching pants. I didn't have enough yarn left to make pants. So I decided I could probably get a skirt out of what I had left of the yarn. Then I just--- knit it. I did hardly any planning or math. It just came to me out of thin air exactly what to do. I love the results.



Tiny Teal Skirt

Pattern: Basic skirt by me.

Yarn: Mary Lue's Solo (A fingering weight knitting machine yarn)
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: Teal

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2

Cast on: April 18, 2013
Completed: April 19, 2013

Comments: The skirt fits her perfectly!



It scares me a bit how easily I came up with it.



Here are close up views. I knit the whole thing flat. I did the waistband in 1x1 rib.

Front

I put 4 darts in to fit over her curves properly (2 in front, 2 in back).

Side

As you can see, there is a center seam in the back. I could probably knit in the round to eliminate it I suppose.  There's a garter stitch hem.

Back

Today I thought about jewelry and stuff to go with the outfit. I remembered a tiny little bead knit amulet bag I made a few years ago.



 It's a necklace, but I shortened the chain for these pics.



I should probably remove the larger crystals in the chain part. They look a little silly for a purse.

I am having way too much fun making things for my new dolls.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment