"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/14/13

A Tiny Tunic

I have knit a tunic for my Ellowyne Wilde doll.



I still need to put snaps in the back, and I'm thinking about doing a little bead embellishment to snazz it up a bit. It strikes me as kind of blah, despite the lace peplum and sleeves. The pattern is from Doll Reader Special Spring 2012 Pattern Book. I don't like the way the shaping is done in the waist area. It's kind of weird. Perhaps, when I have the doll, it will make more sense.

This morning I worked on setting up a blog for our impending business. We've named it Wool in the Wilde. As soon as my doll comes we can start designing clothing for her.

I ordered a second Ellowyne Wilde doll. I found her on Ebay. Her name is Ellowyne Positively Negative



She comes with a black and white knit outfit on her, and red hair. I think the hair is rooted, so there is no wig wearing for this one.

Yesterday I confessed to sweet hubby that I've been buying dolls. I wish you could have seen the look on his face. But then Ruth and I told him about our plan to knit clothing and start a little business selling that clothing and he got as excited as we are. He even came up with some great ideas. It's so nice to have a husband that supports me like he does.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment