"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/18/13

A Teal Tunic

I've knit a lace tunic for Ellie.



Tiny Teal Tunic

Pattern: Knit Picks Tunic Top by Claire Henesey

Yarn: Mary Lue's Solo (A fingering weight knitting machine yarn)
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: Teal

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2

Cast on: April 11, 2013
Completed: April 15, 2013

Comments: I was relieved that it fit the doll when it was done. I do not care for the shaping in the back. I'm mystified as to why it was done that way. It's cute though. I put snaps in the back opening, then sewed tiny little antique pearl buttons on top for decoration.




I had fun posing Ellie for the photos.



She needs pants, or a skirt. I suppose I should get busy knitting.

Ellowyne Positively Negative arrived yesterday, just in time to get in on the session.


More pics of her tomorrow.

Yesterday was national doll arrival day, I think. Cuz all the dolls I ordered arrived. It was kind of exciting getting packages throughout the day.

The sun shone all day long. It was gorgeous out, so I sat out on the deck and knitted for a couple hours, soaking up that much needed vitamin D. I knitted on St. Brigid. It felt good to be able to work on her.

I also toured the yard looking for sprouts. Found bad news. The moose chewed the bark off in a narrow band all around my flowering crab apple. I hadn't noticed that before. Consequently, the tree has died. I want to cry. It was so beautiful when it bloomed. Goodbye sweet Crabapple. I loved you.

Stupid moose!

From spring 2007

All the irises I dug up last summer and tossed in the woods around the border of the yard are sprouting. That is so cool! In time I will have irises blooming all over the place. Looking forward to it. The daffodils are opening up now, and some of the wild flowers are peeking out.

I love spring!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment