"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/6/12

Red Dots

Hubby's company Christmas party is Saturday. I made myself a new necklace to wear with the same outfit I wear every other year. Not that I can't get a new outfit. It's that I love it so much I keep wanting to wear it. It's a sleeveless black lace top with empire waist embellished with silver and crystal beads, and black velvet slacks. It's one of the few things in my wardrobe that I feel really beautiful in. This necklace was inspired by the works of Tatiana Tatonka.



I had the perfect pewter toggle clasp in the stash.



The strap part is made with Chenille stitch, which is a variation of netting.



Initially, I was going to use a round metal finding for this part, but I decided to do it in peyote instead. I like it. It gives the whole necklace a Native American feel.



I made bead soup and used my electric bead spinner for this part.



I'm looking forward to wearing it to the party.



And now for some really good news! The first trailer for the new Star Trek movie is out.
YAAAAAAAAYYY!




Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: