"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/16/12

A Lace Neck Warmer

You may be wondering where I've been? I've been here. Just very busy. I've finished all the Christmas knitting plus more, including the blocking. Here's one of those projects.



Lace Neck Warmer

Pattern: Mericash Neck Warmer by Jean Gray

Size: One size to fit adult.

Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine
Content: 50% Wool/30% Nylon/20% Alpaca

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 5.

Cast on: September 17, 2012
Bound off: November 15, 2012

Comments: I added one full pattern repeat for a better fit. It was a little too narrow for my taste.



The stitch pattern was fun to knit and easy to memorize.



I finished the socks too. I will post them later this week. The pattern for the socks is all written and now being test knit.

I've knit 2 pairs of mittens so far for KnitWits. I'm starting a third pair tonight. I'm a mitten making machine.

We have been getting snow this weekend. It's about 5 inches deep, and falling pretty good right now. We're getting lots of birds at the bird buffet too. Mostly Chickadees, Finches, and a pair of woodpeckers.

Last night we went to see the new Hobbit movie. It was absolutely wonderful! I enjoyed it so much. It isn't often the audience applauds at the end of a movie, but it did with this one. Of course, the plot is great. It's very well acted. The background scenery is breathtaking. The special effects blew me away. I couldn't tell were real ended and CG began. The costumes are amazing and beautiful. I was impressed with them from the very first minutes of the film. In fact, I was captivated by the whole thing from start to finish. It's almost 3 hours, but I wanted more when it was over. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment