"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/27/12

Caturday and a Bracelet

It's Caturday! A couple evenings ago my daughter was drinking some blue kool-aid type beverage (blueberry lemonade?). Cashmere, being the ever curious cat that he is, decided to give it a try. He liked it too-a lot. Getting to it, though, was a challenge.



I worked on the lace bead woven bracelet a little bit each day this week and finished it. Click on the photos to embiggen.



The pattern, written in French, is called Couvige and is posted on the blog Marie Noel Creations.



It's made entirely of 2 sizes of seed beads. I used a matte solid gold size 15 and silver lined a/b rootbeer size 11. But it's just as pretty using the same color for both size beads.



It's woven with a combination of Right Angle Weave and Netting stitches.



A little detail of the bracelet.



I used a button for the clasp that is just the right size to fit through the holes in the pattern.



There's a crystal in the middle of the button, but it refused to sparkle for the camera.



It was a very fun project to do.



Tonight is gonna be fun. My niece gave us tickets to see the Spokane Symphony. I am so excited!



They are playing Dvorak's 7th Symphony and a Brahms Serenade. It has been so long since I've been to the symphony. I used to go quite often. In fact, I used to play symphonies when I was in college. I was a music major at Western Washington University. My instrument is the violin, though I've also played percussion. I used to live, breath, eat, and sleep music. Those were fun days, but from another lifetime. Now I'm lucky if I get to see a performance at all. Tonight is going to be an awesome treat!




Love cats? Care to join in the fun? Go here: Tanya's Caturday

Live long and prosper. \\//


1 comment:

  1. Love your cat. Cute picture.

    That bracelet is cool and the button fits it so well. If you didn't know any better, you would think it was made to go with that bracelet.

    Hugs
    G-Ma

    ReplyDelete