"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/1/12

Herringbone Sparkles Bracelet

Today was a beautiful perfect day, weather-wise. So I decided I had to do some beading. It's been a few weeks since I've been able to do that. I decided to work on the September challenge for the Seadbeadersters group, which is a bracelet designed by Ruby from Ruby's Beadwork. I enjoyed the beading so much I didn't stop until I'd finished it.



It's done in a flat Herringbone stitch.



I've been in the mood to bead with blue.



I used pearlized light blue delicas, silverlined crystal size 11's and blue transparent size 15 seed beads, and 4mm White/AB Firepolished Czech crystals.



The bracelet looks great with my tan.



The pattern for this bracelet is available here:  Herringbone Sparkle Bracelet



~~~~~~~~~~


Yesterday I took the kittens to my vet for a wellness checkup. I wanted to do it sooner, but with the fair and all I just didn't have the time. It was an illuminating experience.

SURPRISE! My kittens are not girls. They are boys!

It never occurred to me to look and see if I'd been given correct information from the gal I got them from. I just assumed she could tell the difference. I'm actually kind of happy about it. I really wanted 2 boys anyway. Looks like I got it without trying. Heh heh...

The kittens are healthy, except they both have ear mites and slight eye infections-both things common to kittens who started life on a farm. We've got meds and in a couple weeks they should be just fine.

Playing with a fish on a string.

We're not changing the names. Cashmere and Merino work fine as boys names.

Our weather has been really nice the last couple weeks. Temps have been in the 70's and low 80's F. However, there are about half a dozen wild fires within a couple hundred miles from us and they are smoking up the air pretty badly. So we haven't been able to spend much time outside. (When you have asthma, you try to stay out of thick air.) It's also been unusual that we haven't had a frost yet. Got through the whole month of August without one. I can't remember that ever happening before in the 20 years we've lived here. The benefit of that is the flower seeds I planted last June in the garden have been able to sprout, grow, and now bloom. I picked these today.



There's Zinnias, Bachelor Buttons, and Dahlias in that bouquet. I'm enjoying them while I can. On Thursday morning it was 37F degrees when I got up, so I know that first frost is not far off.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Everything looks beautiful: the bracelet, the kittens and the flowers. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the bracelet. Love the colors. Cute kitties and lovely flowers.

    Hugs
    G-Ma

    ReplyDelete