"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/4/12

Cute as a Button Mitts




Cute as a Button Mitts

Pattern: Cute as a Button Fingerless Mitts by Lisa Hoffman (made for KnitWits)
Size: Ladies Medium

Yarn: Loops and Threads Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport in soft lilac/sport weight.
Content: 100% acrylic

Needles: Addi Turbo Lace Circular size 5.

Cast on: August 13, 2012
Completed: September 3, 2012

Comments: This pattern is aptly named and easy to knit. It's fairly well written. The thumb gusset is a little weird, but they feel comfortable when worn. The buttons are antique plastic from my button stash.



Palm side.





~~~~~~~~~~~


The FedEx truck came by this morning and delivered a book I ordered from Amazon that I've been waiting for awhile to be released. This is Beautiful Beaded Ropes by Jill Wiseman.



It features some very pretty beaded ropes. It's well written with beautiful photographs. There's a chapter for each type of bead stitch, such as right angle weave, 

Right Angle Weave stitch

netting, 

Netting stitch

peyote stitch, spiral rope stitch, herringbone, etc. It has some beautiful patterns that I'm dyin' to try out. I'm very happy with it. It was worth the wait.

I had a fairly nice weekend. We ended it by going to a movie and dinner afterwards. We saw the new Bourne Legacy movie. Not much plot, but lots of action. It's basically one long chase scene. My husband seemed to enjoy it a great deal.

We went to Red Lobster for dinner. Ruth wanted to try the All You Can Eat Shrimp. She loves shrimp. I don't like seafood, so I had steak. Sweet Hubby had some kind of fish. Snapper, I think. I enjoyed my meal immensely even if I did have to see my daughter eating sea bugs. (Ick!)

Tomorrow I have Knit Wits. I will finally be unloading all the fair entries on Jan (our fearless leader). I've also got a few bags of yarn I bought a week before the fair stuff started. I went into Rathdrum Drug to refill a prescription. They had a substantial quantity of Red Heart Supersaver yarn in a few select colors on clearance for cheap. I bought it all for Knit Wits. They gave me an extra 15% discount since I was going to be giving it as a charitable donation.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment