"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/13/12

Cockatiels in Glass

The weather was quite pleasant, so I spent yesterday out on the deck beading a birthday present for a friend.



It was her birthday and I suddenly got the urge to bead something for her. Fortunately, I had the necessary delicas in my stash-which surprised me. I don't have that many colors in the stash, but I had enough for these earrings. Not the exact required colors, but good substitutes. They are made with brick stitch, which I used to not like but now I quite enjoy it! Maybe because I know what I'm doing now? Heh heh.

The pattern for these is in the book Forever in Beads by Barbara Elbe.

I gave them to her this morning. She loves them. :-D



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment