"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/20/12

WIP's and Cuteness

How about an update on what I've been working on in the knitting department? I have turned to brainless knitting because I've been so busy. Can't concentrate on anything more complicated than these.

First off, I finished the pieces for the furry baby hoodie.



Need to block it and sew it together. Next is the Treads mitts. Haven't gotten very far on them because the pattern was on my phone and for some reason every time I wanted to work on them, I'd left my phone at home. I printed out the pattern and stuck it in the bag it's living in now, so I predict progress.



While taking entries in, there were periods of nothing happening. I knit during those times. Since I'd finished the pieces on the yellow hoodie, and I forgot to take the Treads with me, I decided to start a pair of fingerless mitts for Knit Wits.



I found the pattern on Ravelry. It's called Cute as a Button Fingerless Mitts and it's a freebie, if you're interested.

There, now that I've gotten that out of the way, it's time for KITTEN CUTENESS! Yay!

There will be a lot of pics of my new babies. They stay like this for such a short period of time.

They have figured out the couch is a great place to sleep.

zzzzzzzzzz...

Ruthie is a great place to sleep too.

more zzzzzzz...

Someone assembled this little one incorrectly.

zzzzzzzzzzz...

Ruth and Cashmere seem to be bonded. She sits down, Cashmere shows up in her lap. She seems to not mind the knitting going on either.

knit knit...zzzzzzzz...

A kitten face palm!

Hey, I'm trying to zzzzzzz here!

That is enough. Don't want to get overloaded on cute. Could cause diabetes and tooth decay, I'm sure.

About that apple pie contest I was going to enter at the fair. For some reason I got it in my head I had to take the pie in on the 20th, so I spent half the day yesterday baking pies. The pies aren't due until the 25th (glad I checked my planning book before going to the car). Now I have 2 pies to consume, and only 3 of us live here. I'm taking one with me to Rathdrum Knitalong tomorrow. They can help me out. I guess I will be baking another pie on Friday, the 24th. In a way, I'm kind of glad, because I just figured out what I've been doing wrong on the crust and now I can make a perfect one for the contest. Mmmmm, apple pie.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment