"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/14/12

Hangin' In There

It's been a busy 4 days! The yard sale last weekend was a huge success. I sold all my big ticket items and had very little left over at the end. It was an exhausting effort though, partially due to the fact that I didn't have sweet hubby here to help with the heavy stuff, and partly because of the oppressive heat we had for weather. By Sunday evening I was not feeling well at all. I'd overdone it. I went home, fed the dog, fed me, went to bed. I can't remember the last time I went to bed when it was still light out. I had a rough night. Didn't sleep well.

Yesterday was the first of the entry days for the fair. It started with a class on how the data entry system worked and how to use it. Looked pretty straightforward to me. After the class, I went to building 3 and we got ready for the day. We were all pleasantly surprised. A lot of people had pre-registered online (YAY) and it made things so much easier.  It went so smoothly! There were no long lines at all. About half the entries came in.

Today was entry day two. It went just as nicely. Halfway through the day I was drafted to do data entry in building 1. They wanted someone from building 3 doing it and I was the only one who had taken the class on Monday. I had a lot of fun though. Got to help lots of people get their entries registered. I have to return tomorrow to help finish the job (so much for the day off). We need to go through and delete all the entries that didn't show up.

We had 176 entries pre-registered. Some were not brought in for various reasons, the most popular one being they didn't get the project done in time. Others registered on entry day, so we ended up with 154 entries, so far anyway. We'll know the official number Thursday.

Here's a pic I took with my phone. I picked these this morning. Star Gazer Lilies and Dahlias from my very own garden.



What's more, for the first time I will be able to enter Dahlias in the fair. I was told to bring my entries in next week and they'll put them in the computer that day. I'm very excited!

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you took the time or even had the time to write a blog entry when you're having such a busy week.

    Your flowers are lovely and whoever arranged them has a good eye for beauty.

    ReplyDelete